Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Liz's Blog #15 ???


So it is my time to blog even though I feel like I have done 15 of these things and it is becoming my monthly English paper, which reminds me how much I do NOT miss homework, tests, or school projects. Although I have always enjoyed learning, the work that came with many classes was not something I enjoyed.

So I spent my last blog comparing softball greats to baseball legends and it appears that it was read by 10 people, 7 of the 10 who were in our office so I guess it was not that exciting of a topic for most people, or maybe, everyone is just waiting for more creative blogs. With that being said I will spend most of this blog updating you on what is going on in this office.

Today, we had three meetings at the office...the meetings were all at 1pm which made it very interesting since we only have 2 conference rooms. Jerrad toughed it out and made use of the copy room/back-up office and since I sit adjacent to that room I heard most of the meeting. I don’t get into too many corporate meetings but I have to say Jerrad is becoming quite the pro. He was thinking on his feet, coming up with new ideas specific to the company needs and was ready to wheel and deal. As the meeting wrapped up, nothing was set in stone but I think Jerrad did a nice job laying the ground work for future meetings.

Also today, Kevin, who is on his first full day back from vacation, had a jammed-pack schedule. He had two school appearances to discuss the reading program and Nick was filled with joy as he was able to wear the mascot custom twice in one day! Kevin also had to run to Madison Computer Works to get his computer; we seem to have bad computer luck in this office. I am personally on my third computer, John, Nick and Kevin are on their second (remember Kevin has only worked here one full year so that is pretty impressive) and Jerrad has gone through so many computers he is using his own personal computer!!! Mike is still on computer number one, but had to get it re-hauled this fall and at that time he had only worked here a week!

John is another one that took a March vacation, just like I did. John is on his second day back from vacation and has been pretty quiet. While he was on vacation to Las Vegas John got married, at least that is what the infamous Facebook has led me to believe. He hasn’t said much about it, but based on the pictures it was a very nice ceremony.

I was in Vegas as well; I met up with some college friends and enjoyed the warm weather, expensive drinks and unlucky tables at The Mirage. I did find some luck at New York New York and Binions so it saved the trip from being a total loss!

While I was on vacation Mike celebrated his 28th birthday... I have yet to ask him what he did, I guess that means I am probably not a very good co-worker. Well, I am going to end this blog so I can ask Mike how his birthday was and add a few more things to Steven’s To-Do-List.

Until next time….

No comments:

Post a Comment