Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Liz's first entry - Tickets, tickets, and football...


Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to check out my blog entry. I have been working with the Mallards for four summers now and each summer is more and more enjoyable. As Jerrad mentioned in the very first blog I am the only female working in the Mallards office year-round and let me tell you; working with 6 other guys is very interesting! I have learned a lot about the guys in the two years I have been here full-time. Sometimes they tell me too much, but for the most part it is fun working with them!

For the rest of the blog I will explain exactly what I do for the Mallards. My title is Customer Service and Ticket Sales Manager. I take care of 95% of the ticket operations; the other 5% is Vern designing the ticket which will undoubtedly be based off the Minnesota Twins ticket again this year. The 95% I take care of ranges from ordering tickets and wristbands, to setting up the online ticketing system, to hiring a ticket staff to process all the large ticket orders and help people with any ticket problems or complaints. I also work with Season Ticket Holders and Host Families to make sure they get their tickets. Lastly I’m always trying to sell our hospitality areas to local businesses and organizations. I have been working in the ticket office since 2004 when I was a part-time ticket employee. The ticket operations have vastly improved since I first started with the Mallards organization. We switched over to a new ticketing system this year and it has made ordering online much easier.

Throughout the summer I also help with other areas of the ballpark. I help with the hospitality areas, accounting, and general operations to make sure everything is done and ready to go for game time. One of my favorite highlights of the 2008 season was cooking at Maynard’s Slide-In during a playoff game; it was fun doing something different and I enjoyed working with the fresh food!

I have always been a baseball fan (go Brewers!) as well as a softball fan. It has been great working for the Mallards over the years and I am very excited for what’s to come for the 2009 season. Right now we are busy crafting ticket packages so stay tuned to find out what we have created for the 2009 season!

For those of you wondering, I do participate in the office fantasy football league and even though my record is not that great I had an impressive victory this week against Jerrad’s “Low Textpectations” that extended my winning streak from 2 to 3!!

1 comment:

  1. Liz I give you A LOT of credit for putting up with those guys.

    ReplyDelete